Star Anise is the fruit of a tree in the Magnolia family .
Use this beautiful whole star anise when concerned about presentation. Its aroma is much like fennel and anise and its taste is pungent and sweet with hints of licorice. Star anise has assertive warmth that creates a mild numbing effect in the mouth. The aftertaste is fresh and agreeable.
- Star anise is one of the signature spice that is used in Indian, Chinese, Malaysian and Indonesian dishes.
- Star anise is one of the spice ingredients of famous chines ‘five-spice powder’.
- Star anise is commonly used to flavour vegetables and meats.
- Including star anise in food has several health benefits.
- Another prominent use of star anise is in perfumes.
- Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C which protects the body from cell damage due to toxins.